The Evil Motivation of Money
Is money Evil? This is open to opinion and speculation.
Money provides us with wealth in the form of meeting needs.
Money provides the ability to buy products and services that are needed for survival and a better quality of life.
Everyone wants and needs money for our health, happiness, success, and survival.
Everyone strives in life to make money to fulfill needs.
In this regard, money is a GOD send – Using Money is easier than bartering goods.
Then there is the other side of the equation – How much money is enough?
This is a tricky question because the answer is variable depending on the person and their environment.
A positive Psychology study showed that happiness is maximized with an income of 70k per year and any additional earnings does not provide increased happiness.
If this is true: Why do most of us want to make more than 70k per year?
There are many reasons – Here is a simple one:
We want to buy things that we don’t have and we want our immediate family and friends to share in the excitement.
i.e. 10 people in the immediate family = Need 700k
Here in lies the problem with money – GREED
Making money is wonderful and everyone should have the opportunity to grow their wealth to meet their needs and dreams.
Money provides many wonderful benefits such as traveling the world and sending your kids to college.
The GREED part of money is the scary part and is what causes FEAR in our economy.
We need an economy that will only accept honesty, trust, and fairness.
What are people willing to do to gain more money?
On one side – People are willing to get a great education, work hard, develop innovative products, and serve our communities for the greater good.
On the other side – People are willing to:
- Break any and all ethical values
- Deceive potential customers
- Create scams to steal from the innocent
- Murder and victimize family and non-family members
- Create complex money schemes to bait people into giving away their money
- Pretend to love GOD
- Become politicians to steal from the public in the guise of favors
- Form organized crime units
- Steal from crime scenes
- Write unnecessary prescriptions for their gain instead of their patients
- Perform unnecessary surgery and put helpless lives in jeopardy
- Sell mortgages that are based on shark loans that could never be paid
and this list goes on and on.
These people come from many different backgrounds and walks of life – They have different influences on them as they grow up, come from different socio-economic levels, have different values and education levels, but they all fit succinctly into one category – Evil.
- It is Evil to harm others for GREEDY selfish personal gain
- It is Evil to justify harming other people for increased financial gain
- It is Evil to break ethics as a practicing professional to make more money
- It is Evil to abuse an authority position to steal for personal gain
Money is not Evil – People are willing to do Evil things to get more money.
This motivation for more money propels people to do Evil thing and causes instability in our economy. The culture of money needs a makeover – The Evil acts of GREED compromise safety.
Why are you hesitant about any offer? Is it because you are on guard from being scammed?
Why do we mistrust people we never met before?
Why are we worried that someone might hurt someone we love?
Keith Lawrence Miller | The Elite Coach | The Million Dollar Coaching Company | www.EliteProCoach.com | (855) My-Pro-Coach